Breaking Plant / Sanitation
(A) Inspect liquid egg for imperfections, pick shell fragments out of cups and pull trigger handle of cup when imperfections exist. (B) Inspect egg for imperfections; discard shelled eggs with imperfections into bucket and pull dirty eggs to send back to be rewashed. (Both) Clean up with a high-pressure wand, assemble/disassemble equipment and rotate as assembly/disassembly crew. Work on a fast-paced line.
Duties and Responsibilities:
A-Breaker Machine Operator
· Inspect liquid egg for imperfections (i.e. bloodspots, meat spots or rots)
· Pick shell fragments out of cups and discard into inedible bucket
· Pull trigger handle on cup when imperfections exist
· Inspect eggs on conveyor line for imperfections (i.e. blood spots, meat spots, rots, leakers or any shell imperfections)
· Discard shelled eggs with imperfections into inedible bucket
· Pull dirty eggs from conveyor line and send back to be rewashed
· Rotate as set-up crew (i.e. pipe assembly, filter assembly and distribute inedible buckets)
· Rotate as break cleanup crew (i.e. operation of high-pressure wand, disassembly/reassembly of equipment and general sanitation)
· Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
· Interact with USDA inspector
· Perform other tasks as assigned
· All team members will be trained in the proper disassembly of the equipment and associated fittings.
· Team members will learn the proper safe practices to ensure the required cleanliness of the equipment in the Breaking Room.
· The team will rotate sanitation responsibilities to cover the main areas of the room: belts, egg washer, breaking machine, whites table, inedible room, and associated pipes and fittings.
· Chemicals are used during cleaning and appropriate PPE (a protective outerwear, gloves, and a mask) will be worn when dealing with chemicals and performing sanitation duties in addition to the normal PPE.
· Proper chemical training will be conducted with new hires and reviewed twice a year.
· A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Ability to work on a fast-paced line
· Fine Motor Skills
· Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
· Attention to detail
· Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
· Independent Self Starter/Team player
· Basic English: communicate for job and safety issues
· Mathematical Skills: Basic Arithmetic, count, add and subtract
· Computer Skills: Touch screens
· Rubber Boots/Frocks/ Hearing Protection/ Safety Glasses/ Hair nets/beard nets
· Hand tools/High pressure wand
· Large push broom, kitchen broom, squeegee
· Follow all Bio-Security Procedures
· Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
· Ensure a safe and clean work environment
· Maintain confidentiality
· Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks