Sanitation Tech - Days
Responsible for overall cleaning of Plant wide sanitation, which includes and is not limited to monitoring and maintaining cleanliness of breakrooms, restrooms, hallways, office areas, entrances within Further Processing and Breaking in preparation for all shifts. Assemble and disassemble equipment, clean with high pressure water and perform general janitorial cleaning in processing areas. Rthat includesssanitation inspector, , other duties assigned as needed and directed. Report needed repairs to Manager as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain cleanliness of processing facility and grounds
- Maintain cleanliness of break rooms, cafeterias, conference rooms, restrooms, hallways, entrance ways within Further Processing, Breaker and office areas
- Responsible for preparing break rooms, cafeterias, conference rooms, restrooms, hallways, entrance areas for the next shift
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Clean processing equipment with high pressure water and manual scrubbing
- General janitorial/ sanitation cleaning
- Disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- Complete scheduled Master Sanitation tasks in a timely manner
- Self-inspection of all completed work before pre-op
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
- Sweep with large push broom, regular sweep kitchen broom, squeegee or floor mop
- Use floor cleaning and refinishing equipment
- Time Management skills
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent self-starter/Team Player
- Basic English: communicate for job and safety issues
- Fine Motor Skills
- Basic English: speaking and reading for safety purposes
- Rubber Boots/Frocks/ Hearing Protection/ Safety Glasses/ Hair nets/beard nets/Respirator mask
- Large push broom, kitchen pull broom/Squeegee, floor mop/ High pressure wand/ Air hoses
- Hand tools/ Power tools