Maintenance Technician - Nights
Responsible for maintenance duties of Breaking and Physical plant including but not limited to routine and preventative maintenance of buildings and equipment. Maintain egg breaking, further egg processing, refrigeration, boilers, air, electrical, and diesel generators. Manage and order tools, parts, and inventory.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Successfully complete assigned maintenance tasks in allotted time.
- Maintain egg processing equipment
- Responsible for maintenance duties of breaking facility
- Maintain mechanical systems, including but not limited to refrigeration, boilers, and air systems.
- Preventative and routine maintenance of building and equipment
- Communicate with management on day-to-day maintenance issues
- Assist with parts inventory
- Snow removal with shovel and/or tractor when necessary
- Responsible for maintenance operations of Plant on weekends
- Interact with USDA
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Understand and interpret company, industry, State and Federal regulations
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Mechanically inclined
- Ability to weld and fabricate metal
- Electrical knowledge
- Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely
- Knowledge of basic chemical usage and safety
- Ability to drive shag truck with/without tanker attached
- Operate tractors, trucks, and lifts
- Ability to work on a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work in high elevations
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere and equipment
- Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet explorer
- Advanced English: fluent: speaking, reading and writing
- An AA degree in mechanical, electrical or industrial maintenance.
- Fine Motor Skills
- Process Controls Skills
- Three years Electrical experience
- Rubber Boots/Frocks/ Hearing Protection/ Safety Glasses/ Hair nets/beard nets/Respirator mask/Harness/ Hard hat
- Trucks/ Tractor/Grounds-keeping equipment
- Hand tools/ Power tools
- Large push broom, kitchen pull broom/Squeegee, floor mop/ High pressure wand/ Air hoses
- Follow all Safety and Bio-Security Procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies