Responsible for overseeing the direction and success of the Further Processing Department (Stage 2) and Breaking Plant on your shift. Set department objectives, including organizing tasks and projects for departments. Responsible for development, tracking and reporting of comprehensive key performance indicators (including packaging costs and yields as well as labor costing). Manage the operations of Breaking, Pasteurizer, RO, dryer and PDO equipment, as well as other required equipment. Lead, coach and development the supervisory staff across all shifts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee the direction and success of Stage 2 and Breaking Plant.
- Set department objectives, including optimize productivity and proper use of equipment.
- Manage work processes in the departments to ensure departments achieve consistent compliance with product and process scheduling.
- Establish staffing levels and staffing patterns to ensure 24/7 coverage in departments.
- Have full budgetary accountability for Stage 2 and Breaking Plant.
- Train and mentor direct reports to understand performance expectations, budgeting, key performance indicators, decision making, and process improvement.
- Interact with Quality Control and the USDA to support food safety requirements, quality and yield consistency.
- Lead the development and implementation of Food Safety Fundamentals, Food Safety Plan, and the Food Quality Plan.
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Champion employee health and safety
- Drive participation and provide oversight for the plant Redzone program
- Lead frontline leadership participation in SAP integration to the plant floor.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Minimum 3 years of supervisory experience
- Ability to effectively manage and lead employees
- Ability to work shift work
- Exposure to Quality Assurance and Quality Control Systems, including SQF certification and HACCP
- High level of personal initiative, self-driven and action-results oriented: ability to prioritize, follow through and achieve results
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point
- Previous experience in Food, poultry or egg processing
- College Degree