Raw Operator - Nights
Load and unload edible tanker and move trucks. Responsible for: egg standardization, silo management, routine equipment calibration and documentation, inventory of lab supplies, maintain workplace clean and organized. Controls and monitors pasteurization equipment for processing liquid egg product: Connects pipes between holding tanks and processing equipment and assembles equipment parts, such as fittings and valves, using wrench. Turns controls to set timer for pumping cycle, fills out processing records, and adjusts temperature controls to bring temperatures to specified level. Tests flow rates. Manipulates valves to transfer product between silos and equipment. Monitors product flow and adjusts controls to maintain temperature and pressure at specified levels. Samples and tests products for solids and pH. Operates blending equipment within regulatory guidelines to ensure quality control compliance of finished product. Maintains sanitation and cleanliness of equipment and environmental surfaces. Maintains documentation for Food Safety and product tracking. Collects samples, monitors equipment, performs basic maintenance. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally during the course of the day. Trouble-shoots, responds to situations and is pro-active. Operation of blending equipment within regulatory guidelines to ensure quality control compliance of finished product. Sanitation and cleanliness of equipment and environmental surfaces. Documentation of food safety, control and prevent loss of egg, and responsible for other related activities. Collect samples, monitor equipment, maintenance, record keeping/reporting, cleaning of tanks and lines. Must be able to lift 50 lbs. occasionally during the day. Trouble-shoots, assesses, responds to situations and is pro-active. Other duties as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Egg Standardization
- Load and unload edible tanker
- Move tankers with shag truck
- CIP (Clean in Place) duties to include paperwork and documentation
- Maintain laboratory supplies
- Silo Management
- Schedules loading personnel
- Control and monitor pasteurizing equipment.
- Control and monitor egg products.
- Connect and assemble pipes between holding tanks and processing equipment
- Complete and maintain accurate paperwork and documentation for tankers
- Communicate with logistics
- Blend egg product.
- Operate HTST/UHT 1 & 2 pasteurizer.
- Responsible for controlling silo traffic
- Blend egg product and sometimes pasteurize
- Sanitize equipment and environmental surfaces, cleaning of tanks and lines
- Interact with USDA inspector
- Maintain workspace cleanliness
- Will follow all product release guidelines
- Follow all OSHA safety regulations and procedures
- Perform Assistant Process Operator, Breaker/Candler and Floor Person’s duties and responsibilities when necessary
- Understand and interpret company, industry, state and federal regulations
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
- Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
- Responsible for following and enforcing procedures outlined in the Food Safety Plan and the Food Quality Plan and any other programs that support the SQF system and other 3rd party audits.
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- A trained designee will be appointed by management to cover for absences or vacancies; refer to Rembrandt Foods site-specific facility back-up matrix on file.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Awareness and knowledge of surroundings in relation to climate, atmosphere, and equipment
- Ability to drive shag truck with/without tanker attached/tractors/trucks
- Ability to work in high elevations
- Ability to use high pressure hose
- Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
- Attention to detail
- Hand/Eye/Foot Coordination
- Independent Self Starter/Team Player
- Moderate English: speaking, writing, and reading for job and safety issues
- Mathematical Skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
- Basic Computer Skills: Touch screens
- Essential function of the job requires teamwork and developing strong relationships with co-workers
- Fine Motor Skills
- Bilingual Skills: Spanish
- Rubber Boots, Respirator mask, Hard hat, Hair net, Facial net if facial hair, Frock, Safety glasses/Goggles, Ear protection, Non-Slip steel toed boots
- Hand tools/ Power tools/Clamps
- Safety Harness
- Trucks/ Tractor/Tanker Trailers
- Booster Foam
- Large push broom, kitchen pull broom/Squeegee, floor mop/High pressure wand/ Air hoses
- Follow all Safety and Bio-Security Procedures
- Ensure that all care is provided with respect to customer, client and co-workers’ rights
- Ensure a safe and clean work environment
- Maintain confidentiality
- Adhere to work schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks
- A trained designee will be appointed by plant management to cover for absences or vacancies.