Utilities Lead - Nights
Under the direction of the Maintenance Supervisor and Maintenance Manager, this individual is responsible the general maintenance and upkeep of the ammonia refrigeration and boiler systems. This role will also act a leader and resource for the mechanics on the night shift and will be responsible to help trouble shoot issue that may arise with utilities on the night shift.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Support ammonia systems and boiler operation
· Run the water treatment operation and maintain equipment
· Ensure adequate water supply by testing, sampling and reporting results
· Assists with maintaining systems for monitoring and tracking service requests preventative maintenance work performed, compliance with safety requirements, supplies and parts inventories, purchases, and turn-key operations.
· Responsible to work with plant management to reduce downtime and improve efficiencies of plant, equipment and resources.
· Review existing preventative maintenance tasks and ensure proper maintenance functions are performed.
· Analyzes and assists in developing work methods, procedures, and schedules
· Monitors routine projects and initiates schedule changes as necessary to ensure expeditious and successful cost-effective completion of work.
· Communicate with production operators and management on day-to-day maintenance issues
· Assist in scheduling and coordinate repairs and projects done by contractors
· Works with maintenance coworkers and other departments to develop an effective, proactive team that works together to achieve company objectives.
· Ensures adherence to company safety standards, policies and procedures. Ensures maintenance staff correctly wears and uses safety equipment, as required. Also, ensures that all safety inspections are completed as required and ensures adherence to company key control policies.
· Understand and interpret company, industry, state and federal regulations
· Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity and sustained certification of the SQF system.
· Responsible for reporting and taking any necessary action to prevent food safety and food quality problems from occurring.
· Perform other tasks as assigned
· On-call duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Minimum of a 2-year degree
· Ability to obtain level 1 or 2 water operator certification
· Knowledge of hazmat, emergency response and process safety management
· 2-4 years of experience with boilers/ammonia refrigeration
· Electrical, mechanical and plumbing knowledge
· Ability to operate power tools and equipment safely
· Knowledge of basic chemical usage and safety
· Ability to work on a fast-paced environment
· Ability to work in high elevations
· Ability to read, understand and effectively communicate information through writing and speaking so others will understand
· Independent Self Starter/Team Player
· Mathematical skills: General Arithmetic/Basic algebra/Percentages/Fractions
· Computer Skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, and Internet explorer
· Advanced English: fluent: speaking, reading and writing
· Level 1 or 2 water operator status
· RETA CARO Certification